Firm Overview


Experienced Legal Counsel For Clients Throughout Western Michigan


At Quist Law Firm PLLC, I believe that people file for divorce or proceed with a custody issue in order to improve things for their families — not to escalate conflict. During my practice, I have rarely seen a family benefit when anger or egos take over the process. My job is to help you respond effectively in order to make the most out of your circumstances.  It is far more effective to respond to a situation and not just react to escalation tactics and emotion.

Even the most amicable or uncontested family law matter can be difficult on the parties involved, particularly on children.  That is why I do everything to can to reach a fair and reasonable settlement outside of court. However, I will also aggressively protect your rights and interests in both negotiation and litigation.

My law firm is dedicated to conflict resolution, whether through negotiation or litigation. Call us at 616-454-9008 or contact our office by email to arrange a free initial consultation.

Quist Law Firm offers a full range of Michigan family law services, including:

  • Divorce settlement mediation, contested divorce litigation
  • Child custody and parenting time
  • Child support and enforcement
  • Spousal support
  • Marital property
  • Paternity law
  • Divorce judgment modifications
  • Custodial child relocation petitions
  • Prenuptial agreements

Post-Divorce Modifications

Judges understand that people’s lives change as years pass following a divorce judgment. Incomes grow and decrease. New relationships are forged. New job opportunities arise in different cities. Kids grow up. If you need to modify your judgment, don’t try to do it between you and your ex-spouse. The only legal way to protect yourself is to have the amendments drafted correctly and processed through the courts. Right from the beginning, let me handle the emotional and complex issues related to judgment modifications for custody, parenting time, child support and spousal support. I will make sure the modifications are acceptable to the courts and done correctly.